When the women is unable to produce her own eggs to have a baby, donated egg can be used to achieve pregnancy.Procedure
Kindly refer steps in IVF procedure. Prior to IVF , following needs to be done.
1. Counseling:About the implications for the future of having donated egg.
1. Medical screening :Both recipient , donor and their partners needs detailed screening with Medical history, family history , examination, Blood tests, urine tests andScanning
2. Legal procedures :Consent forms and legal procedures are meticulously completed. Advocates are involved for proper legal documents.
3. Synchronization:Both the recipient and the donor are given medicines , to correct periods to similar dates.
4. Priming:Recipient is given medicines , for her uterus to prepare the lining to accept the embryo.
5. IVF (In Vitro Fertilization):Steps of IVF are followed and donors eggs are fertilized with husbands’ sperm or donor sperm depending on request. After this , the same steps for IVF protocol are followed. The resulting embryo are transferred .
At GIFT we have strict donor criteria.
- Medically, physically, mentally healthy women <30 years.
- Minimum qualification of graduation or above.
- Colour matching is done.
- She should have at least one child.
- All lab tests, scanning, screening must be completely normal.
- All the legal papers must be signed.
- Doctors screen them to make sure, that they are good individuals to ensure a good younger generation.
We are very particular that Babies that we create must be good.
We are also particular that babies should be looked after well, so detailed counseling done before selection.
Strict confidentiality is maintained in the hospital. All the staff of GIFT has taken the ‘oath of secrecy’ and is aware that , any breach in this will result in imprisonment.
However only the doctors will know the exact identity of both, and will be never, ever revealed to anybody in the world.
Donation must be known only to partners and not to any family or friends. We will not do; if family is involved in treatment.